Truong Dinh Anh was recently appointed as new General Director of the Corporation for Financing and Promoting Technology (HoSE: FPT). Viet Nam News talked with him to see his new plans in the new role.

Can you tell the readers why FPT decided to change their leader at a time when companies are focused on recovering from the world recession?
FPT overcame the three-year global recession with insignificant losses. We thought that it was now time for us to achieve a breakthrough to attain a higher growth rate.
The new development plan, which was already approved by the FPT's management board, is a big challenge. To successfully fulfil the plan, FPT needed a comprehensive change.
We will have strict policies in managing our staff and offer incentives. A team of young leaders with energy and desire will also be developed.
Because of these above reasons, the management board decided to change general director and introduce the new plan.
Do you think that your company will achieve a breakthrough? Why did FPT choose you?
I've taken this task with a commitment to achieving a breakthrough.
After three years of global recession during my time at FPT Telecom (A sub-company of FPT), we still achieved an average growth rate of 40 per cent per year; and the company's leaders thought that this was a model which had to be applied to the whole of FPT.
With the current human and material resources, we hope that we will fulfil the plan.
Prices of FPT shares increased when investors were informed that you would become the director of FPT. Are you under pressure to maintain these results?
I am responsible to sustainably push up the market capitalisation of FPT's shares in the mid- and long-term through suitable development policies and strategies.
The changes registered by FPT shares in recent days, in some part, reveal investor expectations. This helped me gain a greater awareness about my responsibilities to the management board, shareholders and investors.
The goal of FPT is to quadruple its profits within four years from 2011 to 2014. What are your plans to achieve this goal?
I have presented to the management board a plan defining FPT as a technology - information - telecommunication group with strong investment in key technologies.
We will make efforts to increase the technological scale in all of our products and services. All services will tend toward internet integration. They will be connected with each other to create outstanding value for our customers.
In addition, we will soon re-structure the corporate governance of FPT. Co-operation among our members will be developed. This will not be a slogan, it is a law.
Through this, we should be able to cut costs. We also can take advantage of all resources that we have, as well as create new products and services.
What is your first goal in the role of FPT general director?
We will soon announce our OneFPT strategy.
This is the key for us to attain our goal.
In 2010, FPT announced two strategies which are "Go Mass" and "Synergy". Do you want to change these two strategies?
These are correct strategies and I am responsible for their implementation. Currently, FPT have talked much about these strategies but done little.
Some newspapers predicted that in 2011, FPT won't create its own products. FPT's revenue will continue to depend on service supply and product distribution. What do you think of it?
The current trend of technology companies is creating hardware which contain software products and content. FPT is making efforts to follow this trend.
But for every company, it isn't easy to create their own famous product. We have to commit to strongly investing in this goal.
In the past, I was proud to co-establish VnExpress.net, one of the most well-known online-newspapers in Viet Nam. We now want to do the same for FPT.