Steelmaker Hoa Sen Group (HSG) exported 15,000 tonnes of steel sheets to the UK, Germany and Italy late last week. The steel sheets were exported from Hoa Sen Phu My Plant in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
The company also announced the opening of its new hot-dip galvanized steel pipe plant in the province.
Developed by its member company, Hoa Sen Phu My Joint Stock Company, the plant was built on an area of 5.3ha in Phu My 1 Industrial Zone in the province with total capital of over VND500 billion (US$22 million).
The plant has eight production lines equipped with the most advanced technology in the world, with a total capacity of 85,000 tonnes per year.
Hoa Sen said the opening of the new plant will help the company carry out its plan to diversify its products and meet increased domestic and foreign demand.
According to the company, the hot-dip galvanized steel pipe is used in many construction works such as firefighting systems in buildings and factories and lighting systems.
In another development, Hoa Sen reports that the company invested for two years in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It is officially applying the system to their production.
The system helps to cut expenses as well as well operate 10 plants and more than 500 retail shops in the country.
Hoa Sen is a large steel producer in the country, with 34 per cent of the domestic steel-sheet market and 18 per cent of the steel pipe market.
The company exports products to 75 markets in the world. Last year, although facing many difficulties, the company reached stable growth.
The company produced 639,000 tonnes of steel sheets, accounting for 37 per cent of the total sector’s productivity.
In the 2017-18 fiscal year, the company’s export revenue stood at $538 million, up by 27 per cent year-on-year.