Dang Huynh Uc My, a member of the managing board of sugar maker Thanh Thanh Cong Tay Ninh JSC (SBT), registered to purchase 3 million SBT shares between May 11 and June 9. The planned purchase comes after the company announced a merger plan with Bien Hoa Sugar Co (BHS) to create the largest sugar company on Viet Nam’s stock market with value estimated at VND10 trillion (US$438.6 million).
In a filing to the HCM Stock Exchange on Friday, My said the purchase was purely for investment purposes. My holds 1.56 per cent of total outstanding shares and her ownership is expected to rise to 2.74 per cent after the transaction.
The price of SBT shares fell 1.3 per cent in the last four days, trading at VND25,300 a share on Tuesday.
Prior to the company’s dividend payment next month, chairman of Dat Xanh Real Estate Service & Construction Corp (DXG) Luong Tri Thin registered to buy 5 million DXG shares until June 1, seeking to raise his ownership to 8.85 per cent from 6.87 per cent.
Dat Xanh Real Estate will issue nearly 33 million shares to pay for 2016’s dividend with 13 per cent in stocks and 5 per cent in cash, expected in June 29.
Trading of this stock has been active in recent days with average 10-day volume touching nearly 4.3 million shares per session. Its price also expanded more than 13 per cent in the last 10 days.
At VND24,500 a share, Thin will likely spend nearly VND123 billion for the purchase.
Tran Ngoc Dinh, vice chairman of Dream House Investment Corp (DRH), booked a purchase of 3.2 million shares of the company, equivalent to 6.52 per cent of its capital.
At the annual shareholders’ meeting on April 20, the company passed a restructuring plan to get rid of its fertiliser business and focus on real estate.
DRH prices have soared nearly 27 per cent in the past month to about VND31,000 a share with daily trading volume of 1.1 million shares.
Also, managing executives of Simco Song Da (SDA), Viet Nam Construction No 7(VC7), KLF Joint Venture Investment International (KLF) have registered to buy between 150,000 shares to one million shares.